TUNI – LAGUNA CHIARKOTA
La Paz being the synthesis of Bolivia is an appropiate site to undertake endless hikes in the Cordillera Real (mountains), the Yungas Valleys, and the semitropical and tropical zones of this Department.
There are hikes starting in the Cordillera from about 4800 m and descending to 1500 m.
They have a great contrast of landscapes and ecological zones that can be observed on the journey. Within these areas there are hikes that are highlighted by the Pre-Columbian roads (Choro, Takesi, Yungas Cruz), where the cobblestone paths that were built and used by pre-Incan cultures in order to trade edible products with the communities in the different geographical zones of the Department are still preserved.
Dificult: ─ Duration: All One Day
- The tour begins at 09:30 when you are picked up from your hotel. Then we head to the village of Tuni (4400 m) in a private vehicle which takes 2 hours. When we arrive at this village the trekking starts in the direction of Chiarkota Lagoon.
- The trek starts on a simple path where we observe a few lagoons surrounded by mountains of the Bolivian High Plateau. After 45 minutes of walking we get to a plateau where you can admire the Andean fauna.
- Around 11:45 walking on a path we get to a river, a suitable place to have a 15 minute rest and a snack.
- Later we continue on a path until we get to Kallan Kkota Lagoon and finally at 13:30 we arrive at Chiarkota Lagoon (4650 m) which is situated in the foothills of Condoriri Mountain. There we have 50 minutes of free time.
- We return to the village of Tuni in 2 hours using another path. At 17:00 we arrive in La Paz.
- Local guide. 🕺
- Transport. 🚍 🏙
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Food during the tour. ☕️🥗